Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASTRO-TECH AT2FF flattener with SV80ED field test

I've been using the wrong FF on my scope for 2 years now. I tried the HO-TECH with the self centering design but unfortunately it did not work very well with my scope. Bummer cause man I loved those self centering gaskets darn it! I then bought the only FF that Stellarvue had in-stock at the time. An SVFF7-21 which is not made for my scopes focal length of 560mm. It worked to a degree but I still had to crop some. I finally came to my senses and decided to try to find a proper FF that would not break the bank.

I was going to pull the trigger on a $129 Orion FF new when I received an offer to do a trade for an ASTRO-TECH AT2FF which I had not known of. Thank the heavens that be this thing looks to be doing an amazing job. Like a new scope! Even the center is sharper. Can't wait to give it a proper star test. Check out the edges and difference in sharpness. Holy cow. Maybe this one will work great for you as well if your in the market. Give it a go.

A real proper star test coming as soon as the sky clears for one night at least....ha.

689A2202.jpg

689A2204 copy.jpg

Archived