SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Welcome to the new SGL!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, r3i said:

Thanks, I found the settings for this eventually.  However the feature was supposed to be switched on but I'm not seeing anyone's signature - perhaps it's an issue with viewing the site on a tablet?

Just tried on PC and signatures appearing OK - must be a tablet thing.

Hello folks,

I am slowly accustomising myself to the new Lounge. I have come across a problem though and am not sure if it is me or the new Lounge... I am trying to post a new topic in the Imaging - Deep Sky section with an image attached, however the image (a .png file) just won't upload...... Argh. Any thoughts please.

Gav.

Really like the new logo, well done to the logo design committee, to me it looks modern, clean, and a little space-age. I like the feel of the new website, rather space-esque, no doubt you will have tweaks in mind. Things feel a touch spread out to me and maybe a slight visual overload when looking at Unread Content? Signatures are sometimes looking a bit dominant is this thread? Well done everyone involved, good to see SGL back :)

I realise this is probably too late, but could we have a "night mode" for those of us who log in here while imaging? Although better than most forums a red on black mode would help preserve our dark adaption. I also do a bit of visual (with bins) while the subs are coming in.

Well good afternoon,
Yes I have to say it seems a little strange on first use, but overall I am very impressed and thanks to all that have put in the hard work in updating and maintaining SGL.:hello2:

I know I've only been a member for nearly 2 years now, but SGL to me at least now has a modern and clean/fresh look and feel to it, I rarely use it on my phone or tablet but I may rethink that now that it's more mobile friendly :icon_biggrin:
I hope people give it time to get used to the changes, it would be a shame to lose or not see some of the wonderful people who contribute to the site with their knowledge :sad: because of the update.

Regards
James

Well done Grant.. huge effort. Of course it doesn't stop there, appreciate the time you put into what surely must be THE Astronomy site.  I hate doing major upgrades even when being paid for it! :hmh: So thanks for the time you invest :icon_salut:

The irony for me is that I preferred the site before the last one (in reality I'd probably hate it if we went back now!) & I invested in Tapatalk which I found much easier to manage the transition with & probably spent most of the time using on here... Of course, it was working fine but they had to go messing about & breaking that as well didn't they! So don't blame you for dropping support... but I miss it.

As with anything in IT there are "Nasties" out there that just want to keep hacking away to spoil things & it's a sad fact we have to keep patching & upgrading. Well, that & the Developers keep thinking they can "Improve" something that worked perfectly fine :laughing4:... so we are forever on the learning curve. Seems to take longer & get harder after every birthday though :( Right I'm off to explore the site & try getting the iPhone working...

Certainly understand the hard work that has been done here and no doubt it will take a while to get used to it, so will reserve judgement for now. My first reaction is that there is a lot of real estate on my screen not being used and a lot of scrolling! 

I welcomed the new format with open arms.  However, my Yahoo mailbox is being jammed full of notifications... about one per minute.

I attempted to shut it off, but can't.  I wrote the Admin a message literally begging for help.  Meanwhile, I've had to place SGL in my email SPAM folder just to keep from corrupting my email surface.

I hope to stick around, but may have to have my account closed if I can't get this fixed.

3 minutes ago, Lowjiber said:

I welcomed the new format with open arms.  However, my Yahoo mailbox is being jammed full of notifications... about one per minute.

I attempted to shut it off, but can't.  I wrote the Admin a message literally begging for help.  Meanwhile, I've had to place SGL in my email SPAM folder just to keep from corrupting my email surface.

I hope to stick around, but may have to have my account closed if I can't get this fixed.

Go to 'Notifications' at the top right, little globe icon. Click on 'Notification settings', then you can switch on or off which notification you get and the method by which you are notified.

23 minutes ago, Lowjiber said:

Please bare in mind that this is a major upgrade and as such PM's may not be answered immediately.It will therefore probably be a better option for anyone with problems to post in the forum first to see if the multitude can offer a solution before pming admin (some of who have been on this for 48 hrs solid :coffee:)

As Rik has pointed out, there is a solution :)

21 minutes ago, Lowjiber said:

I've not seen any messages from you to admin, where did you send the message and when?

I am using an android 7 inch tablet using Chrome and while waiting in hope of the white background I went to enlarge the browser text but the text on this site is not scaling in response.

To answer a couple earlier questions. there are three icons top right, new content, search and account. If you select account it will then display the alarm symbol for notifications and the envelope for messages.

Archived