Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome to the new SGL!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I would say that overall I like it. However, most of the text is #EDEDED but if you look at a forum with subforums then the "subforum" heading and the "XX topics in this forum" are both #FFFFFF which I find quite glaring against the black background. Is it possible to edit the forum theme to tone that down a little?

10 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Probably a really silly question.... Browsing ony phone and there's nothing to indicate that its a thread I've already replied on.

Have I missed something?

Threads you have replied to have a little star next to them. Other threads have a circle. It's in the thread title box rather than where the speech bubbles are so it's easy to miss.

16 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

How do I get to contents that I follow? I tried it in settings but it just shows me all content.

Peter

Peter,

In the top left you will find a menu option called "Activity". Click on that and then choose "My Activity Streams" which gives you various options to choose what you want to see.

Derek

1 minute ago, Grant said:

I've tweaked the linespace of message text and also, increased the size a tiny bit - does that help?

Yes, that works better for me, Grant.

Are there any user definable viewing options coming down the track? If so that might placate some of the people who find the default difficult to use.

3 minutes ago, DRT said:

Peter,

In the top left you will find a menu option called "Activity". Click on that and then choose "My Activity Streams" which gives you various options to choose what you want to see.

Derek

Yes I saw that but it only goes back about a week. Previous content i followed is not there.

Peter

1 minute ago, PeterCPC said:

Yes I saw that but it only goes back about a week. Previous content i followed is not there.

Peter

That will work correctly once the search index is rebuilt - these are technically, a type of search.

1 minute ago, PeterCPC said:

That might be part of the updating that is going on in the background?

Does anyone know how to get the buttons at the top back for Messages, Notifications, and Activities?

I clicked something at the bottom of a page to do with themes and that has gone too so I can't undo whatever I did. The whole forum now has a border round it on my screen. Any help appreciated :)

I think for a brand new format it's looking good. As with anything new it will take getting used to and will have teething problems. The best thing I've found is to play with everything, see what they do :)

I thought I read that the editor was WYSIWYG but it isn't quite - the line spacing is greater when posted.  I guess this could be to do with OS and browser used.  In my case Windows 7 and Firefox.  I also use Firefox on the Macbook but haven't been on here yet with that.  The MacBook is my bedroom computer.  Call me a "nerd" or a "geek" if you like - see if I care - life has given me a tough skin aka "shell" ha ha. 

BTW I use :) and :D rather a lot in posts and they used to transform into smilies - maybe that's something still to be updated or WHY (What Have You).  Generally I prefer the smilies format but I presume there are more to be added.  OTOH I did think there were far too many before.  AH I see there's a list of previously used icons - excellent - that overcomes my dislike of too many icons/smilies.

RESULTS so far - a new feature I much appreciate and NOTHING to grumble about.  That's amazing  :icon_salut:

6 minutes ago, DRT said:

Peter,

Derek

For me on the iPad, I can't click through the menu steps fast enough. As soon as I click on Activity it goes straight to All Activities, I don't get the chance to click on activity streams, then 'content I participated in'. This only happens in landscape orientation/desktop mode. If I flip to vertical, I can click through each step in turn. 

19 minutes ago, Grant said:

I've tweaked the linespace of message text and also, increased the size a tiny bit - does that help?

Is there anyway of altering line spacing on my sig, as that is still too big, the changes you have made don't seem to alter the sig line spacing.

AB

10 minutes ago, RikM said:

For me on the iPad, I can't click through the menu steps fast enough. As soon as I click on Activity it goes straight to All Activities, I don't get the chance to click on activity streams, then 'content I participated in'. This only happens in landscape orientation/desktop mode. If I flip to vertical, I can click through each step in turn. 

Same here on my iPad, seem that everything is different depending what device you use......

2 minutes ago, Astroboffin said:

Is there anyway of altering line spacing on my sig, as that is still too big, the changes you have made don't seem to alter the sig line spacing.

AB

This isn't a 'style' issue - each line in your signature was separated with a space - I can't see if this was carried over from the old forum, or you tried adjusting it earlier but I've fixed it now.

As explained above - the new editor automatically starts a new paragraph when you press enter - in most cases, this is what people want to do but, in this case you wanted a new line not a new paragraph so instead of pressing enter, press 'shift' and 'enter' to go to the next line rather than next paragraph.

2 minutes ago, hughgilhespie said:

Hi,

Any chance of adding a theme to allow black text on a white background. I really dislike white on black - almost instant headache.

Regards, Hugh

Yes :) We are gong to add a theme like this, but it will probably be later in the week.

Archived