SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sketches - M13 and M92

Talitha

Finally got 2 chances with M13, and one with M92. :D

I'd like to have another go at M13 with the SCT at 200x, though. The Moon was about to rise and the wash was bleaching the sky out a bit. If not for that, more tendrils might have been detected with averted vision.

Both the original and negative versions are included.

Thanks for looking! :D

post-13732-133877342391_thumb.jpg

post-13732-133877342394_thumb.jpg

post-13732-133877342397_thumb.jpg

post-13732-1338773424_thumb.jpg

post-13732-133877342403_thumb.jpg

post-13732-133877342406_thumb.jpg

That's it, camera up for sale (need the money anyway) and I just sharpened my pencil - if only it was that easy, there is some real talent their Carol and not a talent I have at my disposal unfortunately.

:shock: that's an art work Carol... Extremely detailed sketch (?) And I think we have to stop actually calling your drowings "sketches" 'cause IMO, it's not what it is :D And the other thing that amazes me besides the preciseness of your hand, is that you can actually SEE this stuff in your eyepiece!! :D

sketch(skebreve.gifch)n.

1. A hasty or undetailed drawing or painting often made as a preliminary study.

2. A brief general account or presentation; an outline.

Marius

:D Thank you! It's gratifying to be able to share my eyepiece with everyone. Trust me though, if I had the equipment, knowledge and skills to capture images the way many of you do, the graphite and paper would be abandoned in less than a heartbeat. :D

:D Thank you! It's gratifying to be able to share my eyepiece with everyone. Trust me though, if I had the equipment, knowledge and skills to capture images the way many of you do, the graphite and paper would be abandoned in less than a heartbeat. :D

Then I think I speak for many when I say that I'm happy you don't have "the equipment, knowledge and skills" for imaging . It would be sad to loose such great works as, for example these ones.

Marius

I agree, they're not sketches - much, much more than that.

I'm speechless to be honest, so utterly detailed.

This is a form of 'Astro Art' I've been unfamiliar with up to now - I have I had my eyes opened!

Carol, you have a special talant - remarkable.

Barry.

Thanks Steve and Barry! :D

This is a bit awkward, but may I clarify something for everyone please? I truly appreciate all of the wonderful compliments, but my renderings are not art.. they're just sketches. :D You see, art is a creation done at the artist's leisure, whereas eyepiece sketches are observations made at the eyepiece.

Sketching is not an inborn talent, either... trust me. I never had an art lesson in my life.. if I can do this, anyone can. Rather than being an inborn talent, it's a skill which can be developed by practicing learned techniques, much the same as astro-imaging. And the more you practice, the more skilled you become. It's as simple as that. :)

Btw, if anyone would like to know what the techniques are, PM me.. I'd be happy to help you out. If there's enough of an interest, I can write up a bit of something and post it somewhere.. not quite sure where it'd fit, but can find out easily.

:oops: Thanks again!

Carol you never cease to surprise me with the quality of your " sketches." I look forward to your posts as your sketches are all the star watching i do at the moment . In my part of the UK the night sky seems to consist of only. :D :D :)

May you have many more clear nights

phillc :wave:

Excellent sketches Carol! :D I think sketches are a very neat thing to do as it records what you are seeing in the eyepiece, whereas in imaging, what is imaged is quite often different than what's in the eyepiece.

Sam

Had to read this post TWICE to make sure that I was reading it right,

and that these are Sketches........... :shock:

C'mon Carol, you can tell us, what Camera is it!?

And was it processed in Registax?

Truly Awesome!

( And when can I have that dance? )

Nick.........

And did you know the star that get's near your user-name, is Iota Ursae Majoris?

who's real name is Talita........ But I am not for one minute suggesting that you are 47.7 (light) years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bernie! :)

I get lots of practice... must be all of those clear nights we get over here.

:D

Thanks Nick! :D Yep, Talitha's 47.7 light years young. :D Btw, I couldn't get past the first page of Registax.. that's why all of my lunar images are single shots. :D

( As soon as the music starts... )

Archived