Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Whistle Stop Tour 30/05/08

steppenwolf

Tonight's half reasonable conditions (it didn't actually rain!) caught me by surprise so I hadn't planned an imaging session but I didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to get out and image something so I ended up trying 4 different objects pretty much at random although they were all known to me beforehand.

M13 Globular Cluster

m13_300508_l.jpg

M57 The Ring Nebula

m57_300508_l.jpg

M27 The Dumbbell Nebula

m27_300508_l.jpg

Albireo Double Star in Cygnus

albireo_300508_l.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every single one is superb! Although I love globs, I give my highest mark to the Dumbbell this time :D Wonderful colour and detail in that. However, as I said, these all are excellent, even forgetting that it was only "half decent conditions" :D Nice collection Steve :thumbright:

Marius

Wow Steve :shock: , you have been busy - awesome images! M13 is very detailed - and the ring and dumbbell are stunning! and colour difference in the double is brilliant - great stuff.

Hi Kevin,

All four images were taken with my SXVF-H9C through my Skywatcher 10" Newtonian mounted on an EQ6 and guided via a Photax 500mm F8 Telephoto lens. All the images were Bias and Dark frame subtracted from my 'library' calibration sets in MaximDL and final processing in PhotoShop. The exposure values and frame counts were as follows:-

M13 :- 4 subs of 200 seconds each

M57 :- 5 subs of 200 seconds each (DDP processing applied)

M27 :- 8 subs of 300 seconds each

Albireo:- 19 subs of 3 seconds each

A great four timer there Steve. Class images, all four.

Are you imaging from the UK? We have had a deal of sunshine of late up in't North here, but can't eyeball any stars at night at all. Weird.

Ron. :D

but I have a soft spot for M27 because it was my first DSO

Brendan, there's a coincidence, it was my first too, 3 and a bit years ago in a Meade DS114ATS Reflector. It took ages to find it that night but when I did find it and could see why it was named the Dumbbell, I was hooked on DSO's having only ever seen the Moon and Jupiter before! You never forget your first DSO .....

Archived