How Cool! What Star are you?

Andrew*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gliese 581 for me in February there, strange to think that the light was emitted when i was born but on a side note how weird would it be if intelligent life had been looking back at our sun, thinking the same thing? :grin:

Thats Ok.

I'll join the two threads together, so feel free to keep it going. :thumbright:

Ant

Now I'm confused, what other thread ? :withstupid:

There was two threads with the same subject - I've joined them together (they are now one) which is why my post makes no sense (well one of the reasons that my posts make no sense).

Ant

From atlasoftheuniverse.com there are a few at 45ly so I thought I'd choose 26 Draconis as I collect dragons!

Here's a bit of info I got off Google:

The outermost "planets" of the Alpha Centauri and 26 Draconis trinary star systems have evolved into the small M class stars, Proxima Centauri and 26 Draconis C respectively.

There is no astronomical technique to directly measure the mass of these small M class stars because their separation from the large binary pair is so far and the resulting orbital motion so slow. Even orbital rotation of 26 Draconis C is in question. Orbital rotation would take millions of years, and the time to observe a complete rotation may not occur during the course of human evolution.

Planets h and i (of the Alpha Centauri and 26 Draconis A stars) are quite massive, and are probably cloud covered. A significant greenhouse effect, caused by these planet's thick atmospheres, will warm these planet's surfaces, rendering life unlikely. Only Planet i of the 26 Draconis A star (or its satellites) has a possibility of supporting life, depending on its atmosphere. Two planets, and their satellites, are likely in the "liquid water zone" of this solar system

Archived