Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How Cool! What Star are you?

Andrew*

I just put "20 light years" into Google and it turns out that none other than Gliese 581 (the parent star of the most earthlike planet found) is 20.4 light years away.

In other words, in September this year, when I observe Gliese 581, I will be looking at light that left there when I was born...

I find that quite cool... 8)

Andrew

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't want to know how many light years I would have to go Andrew.

You notice I refrained from using the Cool Icon. :D

Ron.

Zeta Leporis I suppose? :D

That's an interesting thought BTW, all the age-star comparing thing I mean. To be honest, never thought of it!

Marius

You know I didn't mean it! Sorry Ron. Jokes like that just aren't welcome after a certain point, eh?

No need to apologise Andrew, I'm a bit too long in the tooth for vanity now mate. :D

Just tried it and got M51, which is pretty cool. Also that it has been 37 years since Star Trek was first aired....which is even cooler.

John, I can believe that you're 37, but you're not kidding anyone claiming to be 37,000,000 years old :shock: :D.

Andrew

Hmmmmm.............

Gamma Cephei 23 39.3 +77 37 119.0 +15.3 K1IV+M? 3.21 2.51 72.50 44.99 Gl 903 Errai Has a planet :shock:

44.99 LY was the closest i could get to 45. and it has a planet! 8)

using the link from James' post

Gamma Cephei, sounds like a good user-name for Astro Forums....... :scratch:

Archived