Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

ben_e71

StarSense cannot recognise 8SE

Hi

Bought myself a StarSense. Unpacked it all today and setup on 8SE. swapped handset over and all seemed well. Handset works okay.

However in initialising I get a ERR cannot recognise telescope model. I've power cycled and unplugged and replugged as per instruction and still no joy.

The 8SE is compatible. Any ideas?

Thanks

have you got the camera connected to the correct socket on the scope - it should be in the AUX socket?

Alan

Hi. Thanks yes I have. I have solved the issue in that I was running on batteries. Plugged in mains supply and it's now connecting. However, a different issue has arose. On batteries my sky sync gps unit was showing correct time. Now it isn't.

if I remember correctly, starsense does not default to use the gps.

if you go into the settings on the hand control there are some settings for "time/location" - you should choose the value for "gps".

Also, check the the timezone is "universal" - it may be set to USA by default

hope this helps,

Alan

Edited by alanjgreen

Thanks I've already done that. The star sense hc is slightly different in how you chose it. But I have set it to use the gps. The gps red light is on too.

Okay sorted..... couldn't find satellites indoors (to be fair it did;t outside last night either) however, today stood scope by window (its pouring down) and it found them....

Happy days