Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

jimmyjamjoejoe

Tal 2x barlow

What do these sell for nowadays? Getting ready for a clearout and found one of these in my case. I remember them getting discontinued a few years ago, and were tough to get hold of even before that.

Cant find any prices on eBay, abs, or Google for that matter...

• Like 1

I've not seen one for sale for a while now. When they were last available new they were £39.99.

Have seen the odd one come up for sale and some are asking a silly price and they don't seem to sell, another I watched on ebay sold for 30. I think I paid 35 on ABS for my one a coupe of years ago.

I got mine for about £20. doesn't see much action except on the really really good nights. Unusually it looks like i got a bargain!

Paul

Got one for £25 pounds about a year ago, but have not used it much. I prefer the Revelation 2.5x

If you are selling, I'd say £30-35 posted is fair if it's in very good condition. It's not a bad barlow, but if I was buying a similar size/featured unit I'd go for the Celestron Ultima SV one myself, usually come up around £45-£55 in vgc used.

Dave

Do you need to sell it? You may not find another, and what would you pay for one yourself  today?

I'd like to test one against my Deluxe, though  I'm not sure my eyes would notice any difference between the two under the same conditions here at my observatory?

I had similar to Laudropb, the 2.5x Revelation, but found the Deluxe a better option for my needs and slightly  less power, plus the ability now, to unscrew the cell for even lower power when attached directly to the eyepiece.

Edited by Charic
Additional text added

I sold one last year for £35. It sold immediately and I had a lot of folk enquiring about it :happy7: The Tal was a very good Barlow indeed and I replaced it with the very versatile Baader VIP.

I bought mine for around £25/30. Decent Barlow and love that it matches my Tal scope fetish.