Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1.25" 0.7 -0.8 Reducer - Do they exist

bomberbaz

Hello all. I have a modded web cam that I use on my spotting scope for taking simple images and other things but I want a larger view. I already have a 0.5 reducer but its not giving enough back focus.

So has anyone ever come accross one within the 0.7 to 0.8 range or am I chasing a unicorn?

Steve

I've never seen one Steve. I have a x0.8 in 2" and a x0.5 in 1.25", that's all I've found.

Are you attaching it directly to the webcam?

Yeah via one of the webcam adaptor things, can't remember name

shorter distance to the sensor would be needed to get less reduction.

I had figured that, its probably more like a 0.3when attached to adaptor. Going to see if my step son can take it to his work and shorten the adaptor by a half. It is actually only just missing focus but there is nothing I can do to pinch the last few milimetres. 

Might have sussed this one out by taking a saw to the nosepiece adaptor similar to this one (but without filter)  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/141107559141?adgroupid=13585920426&hlpht=true&hlpv=2&rlsatarget=aud-133395220866%3Apla-131843282946&adtype=pla&ff3=1&lpid=122&poi=&ul_noapp=true&limghlpsr=true&ff19=0&googleloc=9046594&device=c&chn=ps&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0&ff12=67&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80

The screw fitting adaptor part is around 6mm too long and standing proud of the actual webcam case. Therefore if that is trimmed down then theoretically focus should be achieved, the reduction of whatever is is will be altered to be slightly higher and I can then get on with trying to view the clear skies. Oh erm wait  :help:  :icon_biggrin:

PS, My stepson will do the cutting at his engineering works.

Steve

Archived