SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL Upgrade & Downtime - Saturday 23rd January

Hi all,

We will be performing a major upgrade to SGL this coming weekend that takes us to the latest version of the forum software.

The current version we are on is being discontinued and although it still receives security updates hasn't had any new functionality for some time so it's not particularly good on mobile devices and the editor is a bit long in the tooth now and doesn't work in some of the latest browsers.

At the same time, we will be putting in place a new forum theme and a new SGL logo.

The new forum will function essentially the same so it should be familiar to everybody but there may be some new features to explore and some new buttons to press :)

In order to perform the upgrade, we will be taking SGL offline on Friday (22nd January) night at around 10pm and the forum will then be unavailable for most of Saturday and possibly into Sunday. The upgrade process for nearly 3 million posts takes a long time and we need to be sure it runs completely and fully.

It's been a number of years since we've performed such a major update of SGL and I am very excited about the rebrand and the potential for the new version of the forum and hope you guys will be to.

Cheers,

Grant

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no that means I going to have to go out & talk to people :rolleyes2:

Hope it all runs smoothly so I don't have to talk to them for to long ;-)

In the Surrey area the skies are clear, bit blowey, but still....

so GET OUTSIDE !!

Having previewed the new forum, I can confirm that you are all in for a treat but a WHOLE Saturday without access? Time find out if I have a life outside SGL, I guess :cool2:

I have decided to plan a full day to keep me occupied:-

1. 08:00 Log on to SGL (oh heck - not a good start!)

2. 08:30 My turn for breakfast in bed (no, really) so I have managed to wangle a full fried breakfast, the first of 2016

3. 09:30 Log on to SGL (oh heck - this is not going to be easy...)

4. 10.00 Walk in the countryside with Jane and Cherry

5: 11:30 Log on to SGL (grrrrrrrr...)

6. 11:45 Make coffee and have last of the leftover Christmas mince pies

7: 12:30 Take Jane's car to private technician for the annual service

8: 13:00 Log on to SGL (hmmmmm...)

9. 13:15 My turn to make lunch - Avocado, prawns, crusty bread and special Mayo

10. 14:00 Log on to SGL (Doh!...)

11. 14:15 Wash down the outside of the Observatory dome

12. 15:00 Log on to SGL (Yeah, right...)

13. 15:15 Make a cup of tea for Jane (well, she did make me an FB earlier,,,,)

14. 16:00 Log on to SGL (I wonder if my CN account is still active?...)

15. 16:10 Yes it is ............

16. 16:11 Log on to SGL (Humpfff! ....)

17. 16:15 Quick blast on the pipes

18: 16:30 Apologise to neighbours for the noise

19: 17:00 It's clear - program a night's imaging sequence

20. 19:00 OK, so my programming skills suck .....

21. 19:15 Log on to SGL (Oh yes, I remember...)

22. 19:30 Wine Time -  Yellow Tail Shiraz for me, Ogio Pinot Grigio for Jane - it's Saturday so break out the olives and Carrs bickies (I so know how to live ....)

23. 20:00 Wine Time -  Yellow Tail Shiraz for me, Ogio Pinot Grigio for Jane - it's Saturday so break out the olives and Carrs bickies (I so know how to live ....)

24. 20:30 Wine Time -  Yellow Tail Shiraz for me, Ogio Pinot Grigio for Jane - it's Saturday so break out the olives and Carrs bickies (I so know how to live ....)

25. 21:00 Wine Time -  Yellow Tail Shiraz for me, Ogio Pinot Grigio for Jane - it's Saturday so break out the olives and Carrs bickies (I so know how to live ....)

26. 21:30 Log on to SGL (who cares, cheers - clink!)

You see, you CAN make it with a logical approach to the problem .......

Archived