SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Planets in alignment

JAG007

Whilst travelling to work this morning, I heard on the radio that several planets will be in alignment for the next week or so, inline with the moon.

Can people on here confirm this or explain in better detail what will be happening and where to look.

At the moment I only have a small pair of binoculars , so hopefully I will be able to see what they were talking about.

John

Yeah, cloudy here this morning :(

But the week before last, there was a beautiful clear morning - and Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter were joined by a crescent moon with very strong earthshine on the dark side. They just looked spectacular with the naked eye against the sweep of shades of deep blue before sunrise - I got 'wows' from my daughters when I pointed it out as I bundled them into the car for the school run. Even my wife showed a some interest (she has absolutely none in looking through my scopes!!)

Had a look before I had to go to work, but couldn't pick up Mercury..

Same here, I had a look the last couple of mornings but Mercury was too low down, it doesn't help that there is a hill in the way either.

Archived