SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sol 20-1-16. 10.00

xtreemchaos

what a lovely sunny morrning, but seeing not great theres a lot of mist about and sols doing a little dance but it should get better as the day moves on. taken with ED80 2XED barlow,450d. 50/500 frames,iso200. thanks for looking, clear skys charl.post-40095-0-78843800-1453287917_thumb.ppost-40095-0-47894700-1453287475_thumb.ppost-40095-0-03781500-1453287642_thumb.p

Nice one, Charl, thanks for the view.

How come everyone has a sunny day apart from me and Scotland?

Alexandra

No joy here either, the cloud just hung around all day despite the sunny forecast :angryfire: 

But that's because my Quark is back from the States and needs testing! Well I say it's back, the casing is different, so it may be a replacement unit or replacement casing. It's going to be cloudy for weeks  :icon_biggrin: 

thanks Drop of sun, glad you have your Quark back and hope you get some clear skys soon.charl.

Thanks, Charl! I got some clear yesterday. Unfortunately I am not happy with my replacement Quark. I am so disappointed with it, I think longer term I may look at Lunt and full disc now.

Drop of sun- sorry to hear that mate,i too am looking at lunts,i fancy the 50 and its not too pricey at under £900 new with the 600 BF and later if needed you can add the double stax system, all i need now is to save the money "thats the hard part". charl.

Thanks for the images Charl.  I hope you get another chance soon, the ARs on the Sun are developing nicely - look forward to a pic from you!.

Drop of Sun - I'm sorry your replacement Quark has not worked out.  I had three before I got one which was as it should be.  Having said that, the first two were very good, but had some issues which needed them to be returned.  One of them was better than the spec and showed more detail - but alas only on half the field as it had banding.  I was sorely tempted to keep it!  My third was 100% but I sold it to help fund my Lunt DS.  The reason was out of the two types of views they give, I fell in love with a DS system and find the rich contrasty whole disk views irresistible!  It would be nice to have kept the Quark as well but if I had it would have had little use in comparison with the DS because of the grab and go nature of my solar observing.  In the last few months many of my sessions have been less than five minutes and some less than two minutes.  Time enough for a photo if I get out of the house quickly and don't drop anything or fall over running up the steps at the back of the house!

Archived