Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I Think I Got A Bargain!

I was in my local newsagents a few days ago and noticed an advertisement in the window amongst the items for sale. It was for a Celestron Powerseeker 80EQ. It said the telescope was boxed and had never been opened and included some extra eyepieces. The price was £65 o.n.o. I thought about it and decided to go and have a look.

This is the model of telescope I was going to get a few weeks ago but after seeking advice on here I purchased a pair of binoculars instead.

The telescope was as advertised, still in the box and as new. The extra eyepieces were Ostara Plossl in 10mm, 20mm and 30mm and there was a Seben 2x Achromatic super Barlow Lens. All purchased new but never used. After some discussion I made the Gentlemen an offer of £50 and after a few minutes he agreed to my offer.

So as the title of this topic says, I think I got a bargain. It made my Grandson very happy and will give us something besides the binoculars to play with until I can afford something bigger and better later on.

Yes that is a bargain :)

A pretty nice scope to start with, much better than those from cheap department store! Great gift for your grandson :)

Children Astronomy

Archived