Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Warm Coronal Loops Offer Clue to Mysteriously Hot Solar Atmosphere

Scientists at NASA reveal a new understanding of the mysterious mechanism responsible for heating the outer part of the solar atmosphere, the corona, to million degree temperatures.

For the full story:

http://www.physorg.com/news131284625.html

As the article says; 'taking scientists one step closer to understanding the Sun-Earth connection.', and that can only be a good thing in the present climate (pun intended).

Steve..

Astroman,

Many apologies, when I try and pass these 'soundbites' on to people in the future, I will try and ensure to give a full bibliographical set of references :D . I am sure that there is enough information for anyone who is interested in looking into any of the articles further within the text which is the whole purpose of posting these articles, someone might be interested. The information source is always given at he bottom of the article.

Steve.

Archived