Greetings one and all

markyap73

Hi everyone,

My wife got me a Skywatcher 130 EQ2 for Chrimbo....and after setting things up, we had some clear sky in Nottingham....and WOW. Spent some hours freezing ourselves (the hot chocolate soon warmed us up) but it was worth it. Looking forward to getting some good views of the moon.

Already got 'Turn Left at Orion' on order....and a few other books. My Mrs wants to hook up her Nikon D3300 up to the scope but not sure what to get??

So many questions I would like to ask but for now..... I just wanted to pop by and say "hello" to everyone.

:icon_biggrin:

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. If imaging is going to be your area of possible interest, you might want to consider posting a question of the beginners forum and in particular the subsection marked, 'Getting Started with Imaging' as more people visit that part of the forum than here.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hi Julian, glad to be a member, I had some fair views of m42 last night, I have two scopes an Orion Dob 8 inch and a Skywatcher 127 mak. The only trouble is light pollution where I live, but have a nice dark site 5 minutes drive from my house, I usually take the mak when out as it is easier to transport. Clear sky's Orion40.

Archived