Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky & Telescope UK subscription?

FenlandPaul

I used to get Sky & Telescope ordered in to my local shop, which was great even if it seemed to arrive about a month after the "current issue" contents changed on their website.

But the shop has changed hands a few times in the last year and each subsequent owner seems unable to get hold of it reliably (although one of them bought in 4 copies, only to seem disappointed when 3 were remaining at the end of the month - apparently S&T doesn't sell as well as the Radio Times in rural Cambridgeshire!!). I moved over to the downloadable version but I just don't enjoy reading it as much as the paper version - call me old skool but I suspect a lot on here think the same!!

So question is - does anyone know a reliable way to subscribe to S&T in the UK? Really struggling to find somewhere.

Thanks

Paul

I've subscribed for years, but in recent years my son has renewed it as a standing birthday present so I'm not sure what he pays. I guess subscription details will be on the S&T website.

For me it just arrives in the post each month as if by magic!

Cost is kept down by bulk shipping to a UK distributor who posts them out by Royal Mail.

The online version just doesn't have the same "feel" for me either!  :icon_biggrin:

I, too, have subscribed for years, direct from S & T. No problems with direct credit card subs. The mag usually arrives at the beginning of the previous month. I normally chose the three year option which is at a discount to 3x annual. There is also a two year option.

The print subs includes the digital version and I have just yesterday received my March digital issue.

Nigel

I paid a yearly subscription a few years ago, and the Monthly delivery was first class.

It always seemed to arrive earlier for some reason, which was good for me, As I used look for SGL Imagers who got their image published that month.

Those that did, had their names entered into the Published Members Section which we had then.

It surprised most, as the news beat their magazine arrival.

Hopefully in the near future, we will have a Picture Of The Month again.

Much going on at present though. The SGL Backroom is very very busy.

I took S&T on subscription for a couple of years, but since I was also buying Astronomy Now every month in WHS, I was building up too many magazines - together with computing and car mags! I dread to think how much I've spent over the years. So now it's just Astronomy Now.....and the car mags......and computer mags........and the occasional What Camera.................What HiFi. Anyone want to start Magazines Anonymous?!

I subscribed to S&T for 10+ years until shorty after the editor Denis Di Cicco left the magazine. I felt a change in the

content of the magazine, there were less in depth articles and the magazine its self went from a booklet that took weeks to read and turned to a flimsy pamphlet what caters more for beginners, this is fine if that's what your looking for. however I felt that Astronomy magazine was better suited for those starting out. Ive not bought an Astronomy related magazine for years now, I do thumb through a copy every now again when I see them, but the articals are just too short and lack the practical aspect of the hobby.

Mark

20 minutes ago, mdstuart said:

I love the Sue French and going deep articles which give me ideas..but they send out the magazine too early so by the time the month its for comes I forget what was in it!

Mark

Sue is a wonderful writer, isn't she?  Very inspiring stuff.  Going Deep makes me dream of bigger scopes, darker skies and more time.  I see you have at least one of those three!!

Archived