SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Trifid Nebula (M20 - NGC 6514) - GRAS 008

bazza

Well, after all the discussion on SteveL and Paxo's images, I thought I'd better put up or shut up!

Only 3 x 600sec subframes - I've started getting the colour (and more Lum frames) but ran out of points, now after buying more points, I've run out of money!

This has potential though!

Barry.

post-13206-133877342053_thumb.jpg

Looking good Barry, I did a quick M20 myself the other day, didn't bother posting though even though it's an impressive shot it's below in my signature at the moment). Looking forward to seeing the end results. BTW, kidneys ae fetching a good price these days if you need more points.

I've been using some of the New Mexico equipment today looking at some of the Veil Nebula as part of a long-term project to photograph it all.

Regards

Steve

Thanks for the kind comments -

Steve, we obviously think alike - I too have been looking at the 'Veil' very closely with a view to some serious imaging!

I was waiting for the moon to repent as it's in the line of fire!

Have to look for another target now!!

Then of course.......we could always have a collaboration of remote imagers on the same target!

Imagine for instance, 10 imagers getting just 2 hours worth of data each.

Rob Gendler eat your heart out!!

Barry.

Thanks for the kind comments -

Steve, we obviously think alike - I too have been looking at the 'Veil' very closely with a view to some serious imaging!

I was waiting for the moon to repent as it's in the line of fire!

Have to look for another target now!!

Then of course.......we could always have a collaboration of remote imagers on the same target!

Imagine for instance, 10 imagers getting just 2 hours worth of data each.

Rob Gendler eat your heart out!!

Barry.

Sounds like the beginning of an idea there Barry, I'll PM you over the weekend to discuss further.

Steve

With regard to Mr Gendlers fine image aquisition, he uses the kit at lightbuckets.com (soon to go online). Somehow I was under the impression it was his own kit in New Mexico, but it appears it isnt. Can we get our own book published then? :D

Look at the very last paragraph on this screenshot:

about___lightbuckets.jpg

With regard to Mr Gendlers fine image aquisition, he uses the kit at lightbuckets.com (soon to go online). Somehow I was under the impression it was his own kit in New Mexico, but it appears it isnt.

Now I really can't decide if I am disappointed by this revelation or not!

Nothing is ever quite as it seems - I rent the supply cable from the National Grid that leads to my home and use it to power my telescope :D

OK, Got some RGB data but not much.

So up to now this is:

3 x Lum 600sec Bin 1x1

3 x Red 300sec Bin 2x2

3 x Green 300sec Bin 2x2

3 x Blue 300sec Bin 2x2

There's a long way to go in processing this - I can only enforce what SteveL has already stated with regards to learning the processing thing.

I'm litrally learning as I go along - I've been on this all night up to now - gonna give it a rest and start afresh (and after a bit of book reading!) over the weekend.

It's a start though.

Barry.

Keep at it, the more I did and re-did my NGC3372 image, the better it looked, the easier and less stressful it became... and the stuff I learned will be used in almost all my future processing in one way or another.

Rob,

There are calibration files (darks, flats for all filters and bias) taken on a regular basis there for you to download or there is the ability to take your own as well. There is an interesting piece on the website regarding how many calibration images need to be taken for the whole system, it comes in at many thousands of images to cover all equipment combinations.

Steve

With regard to Mr Gendlers fine image aquisition, he uses the kit at lightbuckets.com (soon to go online). Somehow I was under the impression it was his own kit in New Mexico, but it appears it isnt.

Now I really can't decide if I am disappointed by this revelation or not!

I`d just like to point out a litte error in my assumptions about this:

"The other fact is that the Light Buckets scope involving Rob is really Rob's

scope that was leased to Light Buckets at least for the time being."

So I do deeply apologise for that...

Archived