SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter and Celestron C8

astroavani

7b70ae120115f658c4c128b722779a6d.1824x0_

Two pictures to demonstrate the potential of a telescope of 200mm in planetary photography.

The Facilities Policies of seeing was not good, high relative humidity associated with strong wind with a very high turbulence.

Yet the photo shows potential, then it would be possible to get a good night?

Setup: Celestron C8 + ASI 224 + L filter Astronomic

Capture of about 15,000 frames 5000 with the top stacking.

Very good job Michael, we have to take into account that you used a big resize and in this case the details tend to disperse. I'm using almost always a 2X Powermate and rarely an Tele extend 3X. In my case and because of the particularities of my seeing realized that use the Powermate yielded sharper detail, as when I use Tele extend 3X the details tend to be smoky.

Did you notice that in my capture Ganymede presented albedo spots?

I found this a fantastic thing for just a C8.

Hello Aussie! You should use on a Barlow 2x or 3x as they give you a more adqequado sampling to work with a C8 at f / 20 or f / 30. Which one to use will depend on the particularities of seeing each night.

Only recommend the use of Powermate or quality Barlow proven because with them you do not lose anything sharpness in the image.

Very good job Michael, we have to take into account that you used a big resize and in this case the details tend to disperse. I'm using almost always a 2X Powermate and rarely an Tele extend 3X. In my case and because of the particularities of my seeing realized that use the Powermate yielded sharper detail, as when I use Tele extend 3X the details tend to be smoky.
Did you notice that in my capture Ganymede presented albedo spots?
I found this a fantastic thing for just a C8.

I used 1.5x drizzle. Normally I rescale those down by a factor of 1.2, but couldn't find those files quickly. Jupiter was close to opposition at the time, which helps with the size.

Hi Avani. I haven't tried my Barlows with my webcam.

I only have a standard Celestron 1.25" 2x Barlow, OPT 1.25" 3x ED Barlow and a Bintel 2" 2x ED Barlow. I don't have a Powermate yet.

Which Barlow would you recommend or should I not use any of these?

But should use fellow Aussie! If your Celestron is the Last I recommend using it, this Barlow along with Orion Barlow ultrascópic are long, very suitable for planetary and lunar photography. But as I do not know the other suggest test and see which will give better result.

But should use fellow Aussie! If your Celestron is the Last I recommend using it, this Barlow along with Orion Barlow ultrascópic are long, very suitable for planetary and lunar photography. But as I do not know the other suggest test and see which will give better result.

Thanks Avani, I will test them to see which Barlow works best.

Hello Pete! The great advantage of 224 over other cameras I've had is the big catch speed combined with good sensitivity in the IR. This allows you to freeze the seeing and reduce noise.

So tempted to get a replacement for my 120mm and also with colour there will be less processing!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived