Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anorther night, another sketch: Aristillus and Autolycus

Roel

For the third night in a row (believe me, in the Netherlands that's a weather anomaly) my backyard got a nice clear sky, so again I took my old Russian Novosibirsk TAL150P reflector outside for a moon sketch. It was pretty cold above a thin layer of snow, but that only added to this Siberian-style observing session.

I picked Aristillus and Autolycus to draw with a white pastel pencil on black paper. The central "rubble" of Aristillus was perticularly pretty to observe - I counted seven peaks - but the tiny crater on the rim of Autolycus was also a nice feature that was visible.

For a larger version: http://www.roelblog.nl/2016/01/maanschets-kraterduo-aristillus-en-autolycus/ (click on image in link)

post-7599-0-23529600-1453111566.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm astonished. I had my first attempt at sketching features on the moon last night and a right mess it turned out. However your drawing has inspired me to persevere.

Thanks

Steve

Archived