SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Picture Not Clear

when look at the moon with my 210mm lens on my dslr its a sharp clear image can see every detail .

When i look with my telescope it seems to be focused but the picture is not as clear . what am i doing wrong? or do i need a new telescope . is there any way i can make the picture clearer

Maybe your telescope is out of collimation, or the optics are really dusty or fogged over with dew? Maybe the atmosphere is too turbulent (you might be watching through heat plumes from chimneys or over warm buildings) or you are trying to watch through a window? Is the magnification you are using not too high?

You must tell us more: Which telescope and eyepieces do you use and where and how do you observe.

Maybe your telescope is out of collimation, or the optics are really dusty or fogged over with dew? Maybe the atmosphere is too turbulent (you might be watching through heat plumes from chimneys or over warm buildings) or you are trying to watch through a window? Is the magnification you are using not too high?

You must tell us more: Which telescope and eyepieces do you use and where and how do you observe.

the telescope is a  old TASCO LUMINOVA D=76mm F=700mm and yes i am indoors to cold outside -2c

the eyepiece is 25mm

The eyepiece fits the scope well. You can use eyepieces down to 10mm, with a bit of luck even to 5mm.

With the 25mm you get a magnification of 700 / 25 = 28 times. That may sound like not very much but it will show you many craters on the Moon. And the image should be quite crisp.

But, you'll need to step outside and get some distancve between you and the house for the best views!

Dress up warm and try. You won't regret it! The Moon is in a perfect phase.

Good luck!

Archived