Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scb2000 Connection To Laptop?!? Help :)

Gparkz

Hi All,

I'm looking for some assistance, I have a SCB2000 camera, I have purchased a BNC to USB converter cable, The camera works fine with MV360 which is the security software for the adapter cable, But i'm struggling to get any other astro-video software to recognize the camera I've tried sharpcap 2.7 I've tried astrocapture and ispy, but none of these are finding my camera, I can in most cases select the camera in the drop boxes but nothing comes up on the screen or the camera isnt compatible, is there a better way of connecting this camera to the laptop so these softwares can see the camera? I don't really want to install a BNC Pci/tv card in to my PC as i don't think its too practical to drag a PC out in to the garden every time, A laptop would be so much more convenient.

I have taken the IR filter out of the camera and wired in a suitable powercable, I have the 1.25" tube screwed on to the camera so that can silde in to the scope, so I'm pretty much there, just stuck on camera to laptop connection.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Gary Parker

Sharpcap probably won't recognise the camera as a usb device because the camera is not connected directly to the laptop. Sharpcap should be able to recognised the analogue/digital convertor though so this is what you should be looking for in the device list.

yes your'e correct sharpcap recognises the coverter cable as MVST01 but once selected all I get is a green screen. But I know the camera works as I get a picture on the laptop through MV360 app, Guess ill have to record off that app for now..... so frustrating

Hello Gary,

I have this camera and I use a Dazzle DVC100 Video Capture device.  I use a software called X Split which is pretty impressive to say the least.  From X Split I select the Dazzle which then shows the camera.  I would look at getting a Dazzle or something similar.

Here is a used on on the Bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAZZLE-DVC100-WHITE-Rev-1-1-/121865093377?hash=item1c5fb9c101:g:s98AAOSwFqJWl6Kt

Regards

Karl

Hello Gary,

I have this camera and I use a Dazzle DVC100 Video Capture device.  I use a software called X Split which is pretty impressive to say the least.  From X Split I select the Dazzle which then shows the camera.  I would look at getting a Dazzle or something similar.

Here is a used on on the Bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAZZLE-DVC100-WHITE-Rev-1-1-/121865093377?hash=item1c5fb9c101:g:s98AAOSwFqJWl6Kt

Regards

Karl

Hi Karl, perfect! I have a dazzle in my computer box upstairs, Ive just ordered a BNC to RCA adapter, hopefully this will cure my problem :)

Thank you for your responce

Gary

Hi I have found there are two types of USB adapter, one works for security use (often allow a number of cameras), the other works for our use (normally for one camera and two audio inputs). Try reading the e-bay advert very carefully.

yes my BNC to USB has 8 leads, but I just assumed a BNC to USB regardless of how many cameras you can add should all work the same, but my assumption looks to be wrong, I've got a dazzle video converter I can try so I've just had to order a BNC to RCA adapter so I can connect it to the camera and ill see how that works, the only good thing from all this so far is I now have about 6 or 7 different video capture programmes on my laptop to try as each time a programme wouldn't find the camera I downloaded another lol!! 

To add to the confusion I have found that Sharpcap (2.7 and prior) can be a bit funny about connecting to video grabbers. I have a "real" EZcap and the Samsung you are using. Depending which port I plug the EZcap into on my Windows Vista laptop it either works first time or see's the ezcap but comes up with a "parameter error unable to start". If I then start ISPY or other such s/w (Debut or Xsplit works also every time)  works fine (if set up correctly) then go back into Sharpcap it then works. I do find Sharpcap t works better on my Win 10 tablet.

If you are getting a green screen I would say its working and you need to change the parameters to say PAL (Pal G works for me) if the unit is a Pal system. 

Archived