Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Philk_80

Imaging Novice - Any Help Appreciated :)

Hi

I have recently acquired a Skymax 180 Synscan and am looking at trying my hand at imaging (whether or not i'll be any good and keep it up!)

I have a Canon EOS M and have absolutely no idea how to connect this to me scope etc. or how to take pictures etc. at the right intervals or shutter speed - i really am a complete novice at this!

Any help appreciated - the more detailed the better i guess

Thanks

Phil

What kind of imaging do you prefer ? The Skymax 180 has a long focal length and narrow field of view so may not be entirely suitable for DSO imaging (you would also need to think about guiding the mount). These features make it ideal for planetary and lunar imaging through. To connect your camera body to the telescope you will need a suitable t ring and nosepiece (possibly)  and ideally a remote shutter release to activate the shutter.

Thanks Peter. have a neq6 pro synscan mount so hopefully will be enough? Im not sure what you mean by nosepiece?

the NEQ6 will work great for imaging. your exposures will be limited however until your guiding. 

the nose piece is essentially the circular replacement for the eyepiece, which screws into the t-ring, which is the ring that replaces a lens on the camera. 

camera-without-adaptor.jpg

Edited by JR1987