Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moaning Minnie

rawhead

Made lots of changes to my scope. I think its better setup now than it’s ever been. 8) I’m on holiday this week. No worries about having to concentrate (too much) the next day…. Saturn is disappearing for me behind a bank of trees at a rate of knots. I’m desperate to have another go at imaging with the webcam.

It’s been cloudy every day. My one glimpse of hope was the BBC weather maps showing a clear patch over Norfolk for last night. Up until lunch time that was. The forecast then predictably clouded over.

Cloudy now till the end of the week.

When they forecast cloud its always cloudy. When they forecast clear it’s still usually cloudy. Why doesn’t this work the other way?

Every time I think astronomy I get very fed up. :D

It could be worse....

Every day the sun doesnt shine, our company loses money.

Every day it rains, our company loses LOTS of money.

Last sunday it rained all day. Probable cost of the rain? Around three thousand quid.

And thats a day gone, can never be made up.

Come the revolution, I'm gonna have it so that we get 6mm of rain every 3 days between 5 and 6am.

It could be worse....

Every day the sun doesnt shine, our company loses money.

Every day it rains, our company loses LOTS of money.

Last sunday it rained all day. Probable cost of the rain? Around three thousand quid.

And thats a day gone, can never be made up.

Come the revolution, I'm gonna have it so that we get 6mm of rain every 3 days between 5 and 6am.

I'm intrigued, TJ - what does your company do if you don't mind me asking? :D

Trev

Do you sell bikinis TJ?

Only in my dreams :D

I run an independant garden centre. We employ around 10 people. With the poor start weatherwise to the year so far, as well as with the general dull economy, we are around 20k down turnover wise since april 1st. I hear the Wyevale group is 12 MILLION quid down so far.

I do not own the centre or the land it is on, I'm simply the mug that runs it for the retired directors.

Still, if any of you are thinking of doing your patio, I can sort out a really good deal for you if you use Stonemarket paving materials, just holler.

And here's a funny thing, I already HAVE one of them lil scopes, just badged from toys r us, and costing 14.99!

TJ

Archived