Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

DazC

It's Time To Get My Mojo Back!

Hi all,

Looks like it's going to be clear skies all night here, so I've got the scope out and letting it cool down for a while.

I've not had a chance to get it out for about five or six months due to the weather, illness and other reasons and was feeling like I was loosing my astronomy mojo a bit.

So I've sort of given myself a bit of a talking to and made myself get the scope out! And I'm actually really looking forward to it now!

I can see this being a long session.

Hope you are all enjoying clear skies this weekend.

D.C

• Like 7

Yeah just go for it. It just takes one session to get your mojo back. I'm so long overdue that one session for the same reasons as you mention. I'm gonna wander out tomorrow night (due to be clear all night) and have a good look at Catalina.

• Like 1

nice and clear in the south east :) just need to find a way to turn off the stupid sodium lights that are polluting Catalina and the whirlpool galaxy now, wonder if a few half bricks would work  :headbang:

• Like 1

Some cloud around earlier tonight here.  I'm hoping t get the gear pretty much sorted out and working in the daytime tomorrow when I can see better what I'm doing, ready for imaging tomorrow night.

Lovely and clear here tonight, but the outside temp is about -6C and the land is frozen. I'm not venturing out.

So I finally got a session in last night. The seeing wasn't the best and I was half frozen when I came back inside after nearly three hours and i did have to get the hair drier out at one point but, I've got that buzz again.

I'm just hoping for clear skies again tonight!

D.C

• Like 2

Hi all,

Looks like it's going to be clear skies all night here, so I've got the scope out and letting it cool down for a while.

I've not had a chance to get it out for about five or six months due to the weather, illness and other reasons and was feeling like I was loosing my astronomy mojo a bit.

So I've sort of given myself a bit of a talking to and made myself get the scope out! And I'm actually really looking forward to it now!

I can see this being a long session.

Hope you are all enjoying clear skies this weekend.

D.C

Exactly same circumstances.

Was out last night and had a blast. :)

No joy with the weather last night and it's raining again tonight :(