SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello From Sandy In Canada

sandystone93

Hi I'm new to star gazing.  I was given a Celestron Astromaster 114 for Christmas.  I'm still learning and I would love any advice anyone has.  I live in Newfoundland Canada and I have no problem finding dark areas to view from.  I've always had an interest so I guess that's why my husband thought this would be a great gift and it surely is.  Now all I have to do is learn.  Are there any good websites for beginners?? that would be great.

Hello Sandy and welcome to the forum :)

I will be going to Gaspésie this summer ... bringing my scope along ... can't wait to enjoy the clear skies of Canada. I've been to St-John once, lovely city! I kind of not remember everything as I spend the night on George Street if you know what I mean ! ;)

Cheers!

Welcome to SGL. Enjoy your stay.

As for learning. St. John's has an RASC (Royal Astronomical Society of Canada) so you might want to take in some of their meetings.

You can also try out Stellarium for your computer. Free and an pretty great program.

Archived