Hello All

mrflipflop

Well Hello to all at SGL, just trying to find my feet and everything else !! Had a new gadget given me for Christmas yes a whopping telescope !! , as I live not to far from Herstmonceux Observatory thought my wife had been out one night and acquired it, but it looks great in the box (Meade LX60012") trouble is can't lift the thing, so it's still in the box. now building an observatory for its home, so anyone living in East Suusex see's some dome shape structure going up that's me, as my DIY SKILLS AREN'T THAT GOOD, I've been interested in anything to do with Astronomy, now in my mid 40s need to find time for myself to enjoy what's always fascinated me.

Hi and welcome to SGL  - You're in the right place for help and support :) Congrats on your new scope and good luck with your observatory. There's a great DIY observatory build section so you can get ideas etc as required.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

G'day mrflipflop and welcome to sgl. 

Thats some chrissy present mate... beats my socks hands down ;).

As Sara says, there's a great sub-forum for diy observatories so get yourself over there. Good luck with the build and clear skies 

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Having a permanent setup will help a lot as having to setup (and dismantle at the end of a long night) can be quite a hassle. I find that if I had a permanent setup, I'd increase my sessions time tenfold !

Anyways, I wish you luck and clear skies :)

Archived