SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Observation Or Imagination Of Subtle Details?

Size9Hex

Its best if you sketch what you see, as often youll see more than you think possible, but always be honest to yourself. Your skill and confidence will grow rapidly. Its also worth remembering that just because one observer cant see something in a larger scope, it doesnt mean you cant see it in a smaller one, so don't let other observers experiences influence you in a negative way. Keep a sketch book then you can look back for enjoyment, for reference, or for comparison with the observations or images of others. Sketching enhances your visual acuity and you will learn to really see what's in the eyepiece.

Mike

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is different, but I find that it helps a little to see more when relaxed, composed and with good posture whilst seated. Perhaps waiting patiently for that fleeting glimpse of something a bit more visually challenging.  

I completely agree with this. Being eye and mentally relaxed at the eyepiece can be a great advantage.

• 3 weeks later...

My thanks again to everyone who contributed to an interesting discussion. I've finally had some clear sky, and had a chance to put some of this to the test. Report linked below in case it's of interest.

Archived