Hello (Again) From Somerset

Cuffbertt

Hi everyone, I'm Carl :D

I've actually been on the forum since 2012 when I was planning on trying to get into astrophotography, but I managed to write my car off around the time I was looking for a telescope, so I had to put it off (I was fine, I just had to put the telescope off as the money went on my insurance excess!). Afterwards life kinda got in the way and I forgot about it a bit.

Last week I saw an incredible photo (I think it was Thor's Hammer??) on the Talk Photography forum and it rekindled my interest. Been reading about it all again (reading making every photon count) and think in a few weeks I'll probably buy my first telescope.

Been watching Stargazing Live this week which I've loved, I had to kick the family off the TV last night so I could watch it :D

So yeah, "hello" :)

Thanks again all :)

Hi Carl!  Welcome back to the hobby.  I wonder where in Somerset you are - it's a big county - my best astropics have been taken at West Quantoxhead.

I'm in Yeovil which is on the Somerset/Dorset border. I've not heard of West Quantoxhead before but a quick googling has told me it's about 40 miles away :) Certainly close enough for a visit, especially when I've finished converting my van to sleep in :D

Archived