SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Off to CSSP!

I am maadly scrambling about the house, assembling my camping gear for the Cherry Springs Star Party, for which I am leaving on Thursday. I'll be coming back Saturday, as I have to be here on Sunday, and the weather on Saturday night is supposed to be pants anyway. This is my fourth trip to the party, which always results in at least one fabulous night, and a good round of fellowship, astro shopping, and talks on various astro topics.

I sincerely wish some of you would schedule a trip to a North American star party, and I'll keep posting about this one.

I'll have pictures when I come back.

I sincerely wish some of you would schedule a trip to a North American star party, and I'll keep posting about this one.

I'll have pictures when I come back.

I equally sincerely wish I could make it over but I suspect it'll be a couple of years before I get the prerequisite spousal permission and cash together at the same time. :cat:

Have a good time WH and hopefully you'll get some clear nights - looking forward to the pics already! :shocked:

James

Thanks, all! I've been watching the weather carefully. Originally we were told we would be getting clear or partly cloudy skies through Sunday, but now the Thunderstorms have been moved up to Friday, and only Thursday is expected to be folly clear. Fully clear at CSSP is worth the whole trip. The talks in the pavilion are usually excellent, and they have a good swap meet and vendor tent, so I should have had fun when I leave.

I do know you all care, and I wish some of you would take the chance on visiting the CSSP in the future. The car is packed, and I need only to put my clothes and food in it tomorrow morning, and I'll be gone.

Archived