SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Sgl Classified Section

We have made some changes to the SGL classified area  :police:

The classified area has been the subject of much debate downstairs in the moderator den! How to make it more accessible while ensuring it remains a safe, friendly, trusted place for SGL members to buy and sell? Here is our solution: 
The SGL classifieds section is now part of the main forum so items will appear in searches, the ‘view new content' list, etc, and can be easily viewed on mobile devices. 
We have also simplified the access requirements: 
The SGL classified section can be viewed by everyone but only SGL members can respond to sellers or ask questions.
To sell, you need to have been a SGL member for 30 days and have over 50 approved posts (excluding posts in the non-astronomy areas of the site).
The full list of rules are available to view here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/260503-astro-classified-rules/#entry2852588 (They will also be integrated into SGL’s code of conduct when the forum is upgraded next week). 
Please read the new rules carefully before using the classified section because there are some changes  :evil5:
It might take a month or so for the changes to bed down so we will monitor the section then tweak the rules and layout if necessary. 
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on how we might improve the SGL classified section, please let us know via PM or in the suggestions board. 
Thank-you,
SGL Admin

*cough*

Can I be the first to point out that it should be "Its price", not "It's price"? :D

Sounds very similar to the classifieds section of old though.  And I was just getting used to the new one :)

James

Hi,

Hope you can help - perhaps I have missed something but I used to be able to manage  adverts in "my classifieds" - I can't seem to find the option anywhere? Also have current advertisements been migrated to the new system or do I need to re-post.

Many thanks

I like the fact that people have to be a member for a certain length of time now also (rather than just have a certain number of posts). It will sort of the genuine buyers/sellers from those looking to make quick cash (if you know what i mean). I sold a Celestron Skyscout to a guy a few yrs ago on here at a rock bottom price. Never saw him on here again. I'd say he went on to sell it for a lot more than he bought it for. 

Fair enough i suppose,but its not right. I would have liked it to go to a good home to someone who would really get good use out of it.

By any chance will the panel at the side that said the most recent posts return ever? Or is it too risky (creating security vulnerabilities?) That and the blog version of the same utility were the features I used most on this site I think... (Besides reading/posting ofc)

~pip

Pip - for latest posts you can click on "View New Content" at top right of main page - till it comes back on the side bar when the forum software gets upgraded. Not found out how to find blogs yet though. :)

Oh - there's the "Blogs Button" top middle of the page - not quite the same but does give some inkling of what's going on. :)

By any chance will the panel at the side that said the most recent posts return ever? Or is it too risky (creating security vulnerabilities?) That and the blog version of the same utility were the features I used most on this site I think... (Besides reading/posting ofc)

We are upgrading to the new forum platform Friday (possibly earlier). It has features that will enable you to stay on top of new activity. Features more advanced that the simple lists we have been used to :police:

We are upgrading to the new forum platform Friday (possibly earlier). It has features that will enable you to stay on top of new activity. Features more advanced that the simple lists we have been used to :police:

Look forward to it!

Thanks for running the site for us :):p

Archived