Hi from Spain!

TatianaV

Hi to all! I'm a beginner whoes childhood dream just came true. Since yesterday, I'm a happy owner of Skywatcher Skyliner 150 Dobsonian. Would greatly appreciate for any advice with what to start with - what to read, what necessary information to learn, what equipment to get, any other tips. Feel free to help me with the initiation into a new world.

Tatiana

Hi Tatiana and welcome to SGL - There's a few of us folks in Spain around. There's a local astro group down on the Costa Del Sol http://www.astronomycostadelsol.com/ - I don't know if that is near you. You can download Stellarium for your PC - A free planetarium programme that will help you navigate the night sky.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. The book normally recommend on here for beginners is Turn Left at Orion. It will give targets to view, how to find them and what they are likely to look like through your scope. I think it works better if you also have a star atlas and the one I use most is the Pocket Sky Atlas by sky and Telescope.

Hola Tatiana

Welcome!

I'm also based in Andalucia, for the clear nights and (as yet) still fairly dark skies. Wish I could be there most of the time...

You will find, as I do, many helpful tips on this forum.

Skyliner 300P Flextube goto dob, Mead LX10 8", Coronado PST and too many so-so EP's and filters, a couple of good binos.

Hi Tatiana and welcome to the forum. +1 for Stellarium which has lots of great features to help you practice where the good stuff is along with helping you identify what you come across on your travels. Turn Left at Orion is a good book too that list some 100 objects that your size of scope will be able to find  throughout the seasons of the year. It provides useful information on each target along with both written and visual instructions on how to find them and although not the cheapest book, it certainly represents good value for money.

Wishing you clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hello Tatiana and welcome :)

I would say "turn left at orion" and stellarium as well... and from there, everything you can get your hands on! I find that youtube has an incredible amount of astronomy videos on a wide range of subjects.

My favorite (for mechanical side of things on mount and alignement and such) here

and of course.. browsing this forum you will find a lot of information from very knowledgable people with hands on experience.

Archived