SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Important Security Announcement - Please Read

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SGL is off my Tapatalk (says network error, get_config). Might reboot be the reason?

From the first post in this thread....

"SGL is always kept bang-up-to-date with the latest forum software (the most recent update was only last week) so as of now, there are no known weaknesses in the forum software. But we also use a number of third-party add-ons (i.e. the classified area, tapatalk and the notices system). Some of the developers of these add-ons have not provided an update for some time so we suspect it was one of these non-core parts of the forum that was the attack point."

"We are also planning to move to the next version of the forum software in about a weeks time, at which point we shall switch off Tapatalk which is being used less and less but continues to be the most burdensome part of the forum to maintain and update. The new forum software has a much better mobile theme anyway so there is no longer a need for Tapatalk."

TBH I used to use Tapatalk a lot when it was a paid for version but since it went "free" and add  supported I haven't bothered with it...

Peter...

From the first post in this thread....

"SGL is always kept bang-up-to-date with the latest forum software (the most recent update was only last week) so as of now, there are no known weaknesses in the forum software. But we also use a number of third-party add-ons (i.e. the classified area, tapatalk and the notices system). Some of the developers of these add-ons have not provided an update for some time so we suspect it was one of these non-core parts of the forum that was the attack point."

"We are also planning to move to the next version of the forum software in about a weeks time, at which point we shall switch off Tapatalk which is being used less and less but continues to be the most burdensome part of the forum to maintain and update. The new forum software has a much better mobile theme anyway so there is no longer a need for Tapatalk."

TBH I used to use Tapatalk a lot when it was a paid for version but since it went "free" and add  supported I haven't bothered with it...

Peter...

Thanx. That's too bad, I mostly read the forum over Tapatalk...so convenient...

Archived