Telescope Focal Length: 400mm (f/4)

Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm

x2 Barlow Lens

Parabolic Primary Mirror

Red Dot Finder

Rack and Pinion Focuser

Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount

Weight Approx 2.8kg

Moved from the welcome section to a more appropriate area. If you have any questions please use the relevant section.

• Magnifications (with optics supplied): x16, x32, x40 & x80
  • Diameter of Primary Mirror: 100mm (4")
  • Telescope Focal Length: 400mm (f/4)
  • Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
  • x2 Barlow Lens
  • Parabolic Primary Mirror
  • Red Dot Finder
  • Rack and Pinion Focuser
  • Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount
  • Weight Approx 2.8kg

We probably need a little more info. What is the brand name and what is the intend purpose of the telescope ?

This sounds exactly like the specification of one of these:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-heritage-100p-tabletop-dobsonian.html

They are quite popular starter scopes and decent quality / ability for their cost :icon_biggrin:

It would be good to know if you have any particular requirements though - there isn't really a scope that is good at everything.

I see you are quite a young/possibly new astronomer?

Your scope has a decent specification but I fear would soon become outgrown. I run a space club for Year 5 children (aged maybe 10 years old) and they easily use and move around a 200mm dobsonian, finding the brighter targets easily. If you have access to a willing adult or friend of your age to help move around a larger scope, then this larger unit (200mm) would be my recommendation and certainly is a more popular choice generally amongst new stargazers than a 100mm f4 version.

I believe he's still looking to buy a scope and that the budget is still £100.

Assuming the above still stands and that the specs given are describing the skywatcher heritage 100p then yes that is a good scope for the money. If I was looking to buy a scope for £100 it is probably the one I would buy.

Archived