Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flame & Horse

D4N

Well I finally found enough time to give some data I captured at the start of December a process. I didn't bother before as really it is too few sub to stack properly. Stacking two subs gives marginal returns!

This is 4x20' Ha, 2x20' SII and 2x20' OIII mapped to RGB respectively.

Calibrated with a master dark only.

There was insufficient OIII data to make a Hubble palette but I quite like how the SII has come out as green and the star colours look reasonably natural for narrowband.

I'm also happy that Alnitak hasn't stolen the show :)

Any suggestions happily received.

643a0bc0a8455eed52f6b7d2216084b2.jpg

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice Dan , But after all the time spend on my one its odd seeing it that way round.

Thanks, I did consider applying a flip to it so that it appears as it would naked eye but I decided it certainly isn't a naked eye object so I may as well represent it how it looks in my scope :)

/Dan

Thanks, I did consider applying a flip to it so that it appears as it would naked eye but I decided it certainly isn't a naked eye object so I may as well represent it how it looks in my scope :)

/Dan

"... and there, in the early 21st century, lay the origin of the infamous orientation wars which were to lead to the downfall of civilisation and a five-thousand year hiatus in human progress".

I'd put it the right way round!  I think an image should match a star chart. Your scope doesn't show it this way, it's the software which does so. But, hey ho, whatever.

Yes, nice control of Alnitak which is cleanly split as a double. What NB is missing is the reflection nebulosity in NGC2023 but even that is showing pretty well. This is a nice image without an exploding Alnitak!

Olly

Archived