Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Bury and some advice please

AndyJamesGriffiths

Zennox 50x600 Telescope - bought for me at Christmas, I'm a complete beginner and I'm struggling to use it. I've got it all set up and cannot see a thing out of the eye piece, the small mounted scope is upside down, which I believe from what I read isn't unusual and I imagine is to do with refraction. Lovely clear night tonight and I'm look into blackness, I have taken off the lens caps too!!

Welcome to SGL from a fellow Buryite!

I would say that the telescope is best set up during the day... you should try to focus on something far in the distance (so that come night time focusing on stars will be easier). If the scope came with a finder scope (which it really should do) then during the day try to align with the main scope using an easy to recognise object (a church spire or distant hill). 

Hope that helps!

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Don't give up it can be a bit overwhelming at first ! Do not hesitate to ask questions here

Clear skies !

Archived