SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WO 1.25" erecting prism diagonal.

cotterless45

2 minutes ago, 25585 said:

When buying the Erfle, the guy went and looked at it, on my request, to make sure it was the one I wanted. It was so I paid over the phone, it was posted same day.

The Erfle was the last one of a discontinued range (I seem to pick 'em). Belt & braces approach helps if in doubt,  which I am over imported merchandise usually. It is nice to speak to a person over the wire, rather than just by typed message, more reassuring etc......

Yes, that's what I've done at RVO in the past. I've even asked Adam to measure things for me, or check the item in question is what I specifically want. They'll replace anything flawed as well with no qualms. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Just received mine from FLO too☺.

First impressions are pretty good, I'll write up some more detailed thoughts when I've compared it to my Baader T2 prism..

Dave

I am in line for one so will be looking forward to your writeup Dave.

1 hour ago, jabeoo1 said:

I am in line for one so will be looking forward to your writeup Dave.

Likewise. I have a Circle T prism diagonal which, in the absence of anything other than a dielectric 2" mirror diagonal for comparison, seems pretty good to me.  However, I like the idea of the helical fine focus so the Williams Optics diagonal has some appeal except for the image correction which I imagine must add some detrimental effect into the light path. The Baader (non zeiss) prism looks, (with no technical expertise on the subject) to be the better bet in this respect even though its some £35 ore expensive. So, yes Dave, a comparison would be interesting - please. No pressure then!

Trying a few (!) binary stars , not only separation , but colour and magnitude are nice to get . Comparing the prism with a mirror diagonal , I found no observable difference. This was particularly gratifying with fainter magnitude binary companions, some with averted vision. 

The addition of a proper view makes lunar ( not a real fan) observing easier and gives that fine focusing with users of smooth old school focusers,

Under clear skies ! Nick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I just sold mine on. No reflection (sorry) on the diagonal, I only used it once, briefly, but there is something I would like more, and am seriously considering buying quite soon. And the recent FLO announcement on a price drop on Baader Morpheus eps is purely coincidental!!

Dave

Archived