Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Brent

M81 & M82 (from a very short session)

The result of a quick data gathering session on Friday night - I knew the clouds would be in by 9pm and they made an appearance just after 8.30. I don't mind so much though when it's an accurate forecast!

It's 7 x 300s lights, 25 flats and 25 bias.

It's quite a major crop because I'm still getting nowhere with the slight tilt caused by the undercut on my Baader MkIII MPCC. I must get round to sourcing an extension tube.

Anyway, quite happy with it for just 35 minutes of data but I've possibly gone a bit over the top with saturation again?

Software used was the demo version of StarTools so this is a low resolution screen grab. It was finished in PS CS4 with a dose of HLVG and a bit more noise reduction.

Thanks for looking, all c&c very welcome.

post-12649-0-71192700-1452445485_thumb.p

Edited by Brent
  • Like 3

Nice image given the small amount of data - star and galaxy colour very good also, looks promising and I'd encourage you to add more data if possible.

Martin

Thanks for the comments.

I'll be looking to add to it as soon as possible, I was also very pleased with the colour.

I also meant to post a screenshot of my guiding at the time, but forgot! I always seem to have terrible problems guiding to the North, especially low down and no matter how much I alter balance, so was very surprised as this was just about the smoothest I could achieve. It just goes to show that you don't necessarily need to pay too much attention to the graph, take a test shot and see!

(The graph is set to pixels by the way, so you can imagine what it looked like in arcseconds :eek: )

post-12649-0-84756500-1452606472_thumb.p