SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Linx 8 windows tablet £40@ sainsburies online with code

jimbo747

Courtesy of hotukdeals

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/linx-8-32gb-windows-8-1-tablet-40-with-code-sainsbury-s-online-2371533?page=10#comments

I've been using mine for over a year, its excellent, battery life is decent. Its the only device I've managed to get my qhy5l camera working on. Light enough to attach to your mount, add in a cheap £25 128gb class 10 microsd, get a mini Bluetooth keyboard with trackpad and you're sorted. I use mine to control my SLT mount and run my dslr.

£99 in store, or at least it was in Ripley this afternoon.

I've been umming and ahhing about getting a Windows tablet for over a year.  In fact, I was looking at one in Staples just this morning.  This looks to be an amazing deal.  Just placed an order to be delivered on Wednesday evening - total price = £41 delivered. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up. 

This would be ideal for my needs and they are still available for £40 plus delivery, just checked, but I would need it to run teamviewer, so any idea if it will??

As I have read that the apps are restricted for this device....

AB

Will run fine, where have you read they're restricted?

Only the windows app store has restricted as in not a lot of apps in it. Don't over look that the tablet is running windows 8.1 so is a full blown windows device just in tablet sized casing.

So if I load any Astro programmes such as, Ascom, PhD, APT onto a memory card and put into this tablet, it will load them exactly the same as a full blown win 8.1 laptop, with no issues, or will the 1gb of ram not be enough ?

My use for it really is as a wireless link via teamviewer to my laptop, just to mirror the screen outside, but would be good if the software would run, for focusing at the scope and such like....

Regards

AB

As recommended by Jimbo747, i've just invested in a 64GB microSD card and a tablet case with integral bluetooth keyboard with trackpad.  I've also ordered a small powered USB3 4 port hub.  Total extra spend just over £30.

This gives me an 8" Windows tablet that morphs into a netbook for less than £72. :icon_biggrin:

There is an interesting dicussion here  http://www.hotukdeals.com/ask/a-way-charge-linx-8-tablet-usb-devices-same-time-2135878 about changing the BIOS setting and/or registry to allow for charging whilst connected to USB devices.

As recommended by Jimbo747, i've just invested in a 64GB microSD card and a tablet case with integral bluetooth keyboard with trackpad.  I've also ordered a small powered USB3 4 port hub.  Total extra spend just over £30.

This gives me an 8" Windows tablet that morphs into a netbook for less than £72. :icon_biggrin:

There is an interesting dicussion here  http://www.hotukdeals.com/ask/a-way-charge-linx-8-tablet-usb-devices-same-time-2135878 about changing the BIOS setting and/or registry to allow for charging whilst connected to USB devices.

Can I ask which case you have bought, as I am looking at the moment

Cheers

AB

Only the windows app store has restricted as in not a lot of apps in it. Don't over look that the tablet is running windows 8.1 so is a full blown windows device just in tablet sized casing.

what I was thinking is if an app runs on laptop with windows 8.1 could expect the same app to run on a tablet running 8.1.

what I was thinking is if an app runs on laptop with windows 8.1 could expect the same app to run on a tablet running 8.1.

Yes I would normally agree, but these only have 1gb ram, so I would think that certain apps might struggle, especially ones using live video feeds....such as imaging with my ASI120mc-s camera.

I am also assuming that the micro USB is only USB 2.0, or is it 3.0.....??

I have found a review of this tablet online and it gets excellent results, so I am even more convinced it was a good buy now, like I said before I want it as a wireless link to my obsy laptop via teamviewer, but the fact that it is a full Windows 8.1 tablet, then a no brainer really.

Mine are being delivered tomorrow at 1pm.... :) can't wait...sad isnt it....lol

AB

Looks like they all been snapped up as product can not be purchased at this time message comes up.

I am not surprised, I bet everybody who has seen them has bought one.

I have noticed the 7" versions around for £50...normal price

AB

Edit: just had a look and they ARE still available, if you go onto the sainsburys website and search Linx they come up for £50, the £10 discount code has expired, but this code will give you £18 off if you spend £60 or more so you could get £10 more stuff and get for £42 maybe a case or screen protector..

Code:

CATNNSLEEM

I used this code and bought two, for £82

Hope that helps

AB

Yeah just had a look Astroboffin but wont add to basket get the same message pop up.

I have just been in again and logged into my account and it has let me add them to my basket, and go through to the checkout, so maybe you need to make an account first....!

If you still have issues and you really want one, I can get for you, but will not get voucher discount, so would be £50 plus postage.....if that helps

AB

WARNING - Don't do what I did!

Having ordered the Linx 8" from Sainsbury's, I foolishly went and ordered a whole lot of accessoeries for it - DON'T.

Sainsbury's have just texted me to say that, despite having taken my order 2 days ago, they now say they don't have any available and are cancelling my order.  So, when all the accessories arrive from a variety fo sources, I'm going to have to return them all - Aaargh!

I will not be shopping at Sainsbury's online ever again.

I contacted Sainsbury's who said it's down to availability in the local store.  They checked with my local store and confirmed that they haven't got one and have no idea whether they will have anymore.  They weren't prepared to see if other stores had one. 

PS -  I just rang my local store to check.  It turns out they had already sold out the day before I placed the order!  I'm sorry, but in the modern era of electronic stock control I just don't think this is acceptable.

I contacted Sainsbury's who said it's down to availability in the local store.  They checked with my local store and confirmed that they haven't got one and have no idea whether they will have anymore.  They weren't prepared to see if other stores had one.

ME TOO, ordered a case last night on the understanding mine would be delivered today, and phone call from sainsburys this morning, I am not getting mine either, none available in local stores, I had a right go at the woman on the phone, and told her that the site should not be allowing people to order if they not I stock. :( :(

So if anyone has got one of the Linx 8" tablets, and wants a brand new Linx/Targus case specifically made (not a generic one) for the Limx 8" tablet than let me know, rather than me send it back.

AB

• 2 months later...

Archived