Narrowband

Canon 7D??

cobra84

Hi all, 

I've got the opportunity to buy my dads Canon 7D camera but was wanting to know if anyone recommends this camera for?

I was looking at modded camera's and started looking at CCD's as well but i have a budget of no more than £350.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Mark 

P.S i have a 150p skywatcher, EQ-3

The 7D is an excellent camera. It's got most if not all of the features of the 5D mk2. But with an APS-C sensor instead f the full size 35mm sensor. Would I buy it. If I didn't already own an excellent Canon 40D, and a 350D, and the price was right then yes. And besides it can be used for lots of other things besides astrophotography.

I have the 7D and am very please with it. That said i am looking for a 1000D or 450D that i can modify myself, but i know i will get another 7D when the one i have now dies (by then perhaps the Mk II has become affordable). I have no problem recommending 7D

I just bought a 7D yesterday used for $550 USD. (Included was two batteries and a battery grip. I got an AMAZING deal). I checked the shutter count and it was at 35k (next to nothing). I love it so far and will be using it for multiple different subjects.

thanks all, I've gone for the 7D, cant wait to go pick it up and get started with some astrophotography.

any one got any tips for setting wise for the 7D?

I've bought a remote as well so I don't need to keep touching the camera.

Archived