SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Scope - Looking at Skywatcher Explorer ?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys I've made my decision. Thanks to everyone for your advice.

I was down with Stephen from ktech telescopes (for those in the Republic) and took a look through his 200 pds and 150 PDS. After some discussion and reading rave reviews on here, I'm going for the SWE 130 PDS on a heq5 GOTO mount.

Interesting that while with him I looked at the Orion Nebula on the150 and through my Celestron Skymaster 20x80 binos. The binos were better:)

Well guys I've made my decision. Thanks to everyone for your advice.

I was down with Stephen from ktech telescopes (for those in the Republic) and took a look through his 200 pds and 150 PDS. After some discussion and reading rave reviews on here, I'm going for the SWE 130 PDS on a heq5 GOTO mount.

Interesting that while with him I looked at the Orion Nebula on the150 and through my Celestron Skymaster 20x80 binos. The binos were better:)

Well guys, its a case of the best laid plans of mice and men etc.

I went to look at the heq5 atvthe weekend and it was in worse condition that I realised so I gave it a miss. Of course plans for an ota went askew as well.

Today I picked up a bargain on one of the classified sites this side of the water.

I'm now the proud owner of a Meade LDX75 on an EQ5 ( need to double check) goto mount that also came with a battery power pack.

I'll need to get a proper rechargeable power pack but it was a good deal at €300/£230

Its been looked after and stored indoors so a good buy.

I'll no doubt open another thread with all the questions once I read the manual :)

Thanks for all your help & advice.

Archived