Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 884 Perseus Cluster

orion25

A perennial favorite, one of the two magical open clusters in Perseus known as the "double cluster". I took 10x30 second subs, no darks or flats, with my Nikon piggybacking my Orion 127 Mak-Cass, drive on. Considering getting a focal reducer for my cam so I can get both clusters in one shot.

ASTRONOMY%20-%20PERSEUS%20DOUBLE%20CLUST

Clear skies,

Reggie

Very cool image, Reg. Perhaps you can read a good guide to focal-reduction? Though written around the MallinCam, the prinicples are the same for any camera/scope:

http://www.mallincam.net/uploads/2/6/9/1/26913006/focal_reduction_for_dummies.pdf

I'm glad you have some sky at night. We're socked-in, as usual.

Have too much fun -

Dave

Very cool image, Reg. Perhaps you can read a good guide to focal-reduction? Though written around the MallinCam, the prinicples are the same for any camera/scope:

http://www.mallincam.net/uploads/2/6/9/1/26913006/focal_reduction_for_dummies.pdf

I'm glad you have some sky at night. We're socked-in, as usual.

Have too much fun -

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I'll check out the link. This imaging thing is hard to shake. I take a few shots and I want to take more, and buy more equip, but I gotta keep a watch on my wallet. I was warned about this slippery slope!

Wishing some clear nights to come your way, soon. I'll get out my powwow drum and send up some chants (for real!)

Reggie

Very cool! Let me venture a guess - Cherokee?

Sante Sioux here.

All the best -

Dave

Ho Ka Hay!

O-Siyo! Lots of Cherokee descendants down here. I make yearly pilgrimages to the Cherokee Reservation in North Carolina. Beautiful and inspirational place near the Great Smokies. Next year, I'm looking forward to seeing the big solar eclipse from there. Cherokee, N.C. will be in the path of totality. Gonna be a mystical experience!

Archived