SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Party 2016

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still busy. Been in the garage all day fitting new trunking for the electrics. It will take a few more days to complete. Also still busy in the house painting etc. Tony due around the 3/4th to fit new consumer unit. New Windows due shortly as well. All go at present. Still no news on machined fittings from Holland for scope. I hope it gets done soon. Not be ready for Kielder or Galloway but still hoping for next year. In February etc. How are you doing?

Just getting ready for Abernethy star camp at the weekend,forecast holds some hope,good attendance, i`ve actually painted a door!

We will have to order the pies shortly (numbers).

And as you can see i`m still not sleeping very well,other than that i`m doing well.

5 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Just getting ready for Abernethy star camp at the weekend,forecast holds some hope,good attendance, i`ve actually painted a door!

We will have to order the pies shortly (numbers).

And as you can see i`m still not sleeping very well,other than that i`m doing well.

What ever number of pies you were initially going to order, that should be fine for Damian. You just need to order for the rest of us ☺️

2 hours ago, Uplooker said:

What ever number of pies you were initially going to order, that should be fine for Damian. You just need to order for the rest of us ☺️

Just one for me this year Mike as I'm on a diet. Will measure it to make sure it's the correct size through the uta on my scope :grin:

43 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Damian,i`m worried about you,photo`s of the moon and just One pie!

Mike

Don't worry Mike the moon shot was just for the benefit of others as someone always asks to see the moon. 

I think Damian is speaking with forked tongue, most likely stuck in a pie at the time, I suspect that his dual purpose pie measuring device has had additional modifications for Galloway and now for Yorkshire measurements. ( takes a lot of testing to get the certificate). Diet! We will be the judge of that!

Mind you Ian's comments are  possibly a case of "Kettle calling........" me thinks! :evil4:

On a more serious note, Mike is right we need a count of pies and peas for the big night. I will  talk to Mike soon about doing a risk assessment! (It would not do running out of pies or peas, we only just scraped through last year by the skin of our teeth, a combination of two of our members scoffing abilities :p ).

Derek

Well folks just a reminder if you have not yet booked your electric pitch for Galloway ,that there are just 9 electric hook-ups left,there are of course plenty  of non-leccy.

So give Lesley a ring and get booked up :happy6:.

I will be placing the order for pies with the butchers,so not only will there be great skies but great pies as well :hello2:.

We will be keeping a check on illegal pies measuring implements (Damian and Ian) take note.

Here`s hoping the event is blessed with it`s fair share of clear skies.

Looking forward to meeting everyone .

There is the distinct possibility of  having Steve and James of COSMOS Planetarium fame put in an appearance----watch this space!

Regards

Mike

4 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Andy,it`s for the site-----good eh!

Hope you and Sandra are both keeping well?

Mike

That's really good news.  We are both well and looking forward to our visit :)

Today we are switching our mobile phone contracts to EE so that we have lots of data when we are at the site,

The best bit is that Teamviewer should now work on site as it needs an internet connection.

Andy

Archived