Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Demon Barber

Galloway Autumn Star Party 2016

21 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Nah Derek, I think he actually meant " he would have a ball" with the dark skies and craic. If not he is going to have a quare druth

Had to look that one up! Note to self small bottle =thirsty a lot! Or at least everyone else will be :help:

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 2

Happened to visit Drumroamin campsite today (Fri) as I was traveling back from Cairnryan after spending the week in Norn Iron. Had a good chat with Leslie. The site was looking really good and the sun was out. It was quite bizarre to be there with the family and no astronomy equipment.

Mike - Leslie said she found your bottle of whisky that had been left in the warm room. She has put it in a safe place until Nov. Apparently there was only half a bottle. Leslie certainly didn't drink it as she doesn't like the stuff (heathen)

Really lookin forward to Nov. Suppose I better get my booking in for Feb '17

Edited by Uplooker
Typo
  • Like 1

Hi Ian,so David was on the level,ah recon the faeries hid it and have been suppin ever since,hope you all had a nice holiday?

Catch up with you soon,

Mike

On 4/12/2016 at 11:21, Physopto said:

Did I read that right?         A small bottle..........

:eek:

_DSC1218.JPG

Are you seriously implying this won't last the week?! Just how many cloudy nights are we expecting? :-)

• Like 1

Thats me booked, 29th to the 6th

Theres NO WAY i am missing this year, if i have to walk with my gear on my back i'm going.

• Like 5

Hi Dai,

Just noticed that there is a SGL Annual Star Party at Lucksall at the same time. (SGL XII Friday 28 Oct to Fri 4 Nov 2016) is going to cause problems with Galloway SP Scotland's Premier party (31 Oct to 7 Nov 2016)!! I noticed that Alan M has booked for the Galloway event as well. I had spoken to Haydn about Galloway as well.

I would like to attend both, I am assuming that the Hog Roast will be on Sat 29 Oct at Lucksall.

Are you interested in attending the SGL event (3 nights) from Thursday 27 Oct through Sun 30 Oct, then drive up to Galloway on the Sunday? There will not be a SGL event in March 2017 as it is being moved to Autumn in future.

I think you may need to invest in another bottle of whiskey (preferably Large) if you can attend the two parties.

Cheers

Adrian

Couldn't make Kielder this year but recently booked Galloway...  Mon 31st Oct  to Mon 7th Nov. (pitch 12).

Must be close to a couple of years since at any starcamp so will be good to meet up with everyone again ...all being well!  :wink:

Mike

• Like 2

On 4/22/2016 at 08:56, Adrian Condon said:

Are you interested in attending the SGL event (3 nights) from Thursday 27 Oct through Sun 30 Oct, then drive up to Galloway on the Sunday? There will not be a SGL event in March 2017 as it is being moved to Autumn in future.

Adrian - you won't be able to.

We can only get from the Friday (hence the start date of the 28th) due to other events at Lucksall.

We appreciate the clash and sincerely apologise, but it was either that or have nothing until Autumn '17 - and we didn't want that sort of delay! 

Given the spread of astronomers up and down the country, we're sure there is room for both :)

Hi Daz,your right there there are plenty to go round,  no  apologies needed, but thanks. It`s about time you made the  trek over the border,i`m just sorry due to my circumstances that i can no longer manage a long drive south,hope your Starcamp gets the skies we all deserve,i`ve got our order in all ready,

Regards

Mike

Edited by Demon Barber
Forgetfullness

2 hours ago, mikeyscope said:

Couldn't make Kielder this year but recently booked Galloway...  Mon 31st Oct  to Mon 7th Nov. (pitch 12).

Must be close to a couple of years since at any starcamp so will be good to meet up with everyone again ...all being well!  :wink:

Mike

Be nice to see you out and about again. Will the misses and pooches be there as well.

Derek

Be nice to see you out and about again. Will the misses and pooches be there as well.

Derek

Thanks Derek

Yes ...full team.  :rolleyes2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyscope said:

Thanks Derek

Yes ...full team.  :rolleyes2:

Annette will be chuffed. :)

Following on from Adrian's praise for the camp\skies & liquid amenities, and some eye wateringly expensive repairs to my transport, I'll be taking the high\low road to join in the festivities.....:hello2:

• Like 2

Hi, is there any news on the sept, pre/star party, like last year. Dennis.

Dennis,i`m hoping to organize a do ,just been busy putting house on the market ,i see no reason to organize a do as last years was  a great starter.i will let you know as soon as i get me self in to gear,hope yer keeping ok?

Regards

Mike

Edited by Demon Barber
  • Like 1