Narrowband

Galloway Autumn Star Party 2016

Mike,

It is a great SP to attend, made all the better by the people that are there.

It would not happen without you, so thank you for your organisational skills.

As you say, huge thanks must also go to Leslie and Ralph for maintaining such a fantastic campsite.

It was great to have the farmer on the hill visit with his grand daughter to see the campsite, as Leslie had asked him to switch his paddock lights off. He was most accommodating as he did not realise how important dark skies were to us and how popular the event was ?

Looking forward to Feb, I may have to amend my holidays so that I can actually be there for the outstanding Sunday night skies ? Not made them yet ?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Mike,

It is a great SP to attend, made all the better by the people that are there.

It would not happen without you, so thank you for your organisational skills.

As you say, huge thanks must also go to Leslie and Ralph for maintaining such a fantastic campsite.

It was great to have the farmer on the hill visit with his grand daughter to see the campsite, as Leslie had asked him to switch his paddock lights off. He was most accommodating as he did not realise how important dark skies were to us and how popular the event was ?

Looking forward to Feb, I may have to amend my holidays so that I can actually be there for the outstanding Sunday night skies ? Not made them yet ?

Totally agree with Ian and Mike on all of the above. I must've missed the farmer? But didnt miss the sunday night skies. 

Viewing report is here 

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/281152-a-ton-of-galloway-galaxies/

Many thanks 

Hi,

well finally got round to going over some of my pics taken at the star camp, this was my 1st time going solo so to speak taking some pics so quite pleased with the results. still to do some processing on them, M31 and M42, Andromeda and orion nebula. 

Dawn

M31 Dawn Nov Star Camp 2016.jpg

M42 Orion Nebula Dawn Star Camp Nov 2016.jpg

53 minutes ago, Baby Hubble said:

Thanks guys.

They are stacked Kenny, i have some single images i am going to play about with and see what i can get.

Dawn

You will probably find your stacked image has'nt much more detail than a single image at first,only when you take it into something like Photoshop you will tease much more detail out.

Ive got some images of M31from Galloway myself, i will try and post some soon as.

PS..welcome to the dark side?

Kenny

Hi guys wee pic of pier head for obsy need to spray it black then cement it into pier. downloaded all apps onto dawns lap top and messing about with some images from star.camp thanks again to all for help etc, cheers Mike for the head mod you've some patience?

20161115_172208.jpg

2016GallowayM31.jpgHi folk,here's a quick stack & process of M31 from Saturday night at Galloway.

27x3mins,taken with cannon 60da & Equinox 80mm.

Saving to jpg file seems to have turned the color tone green for some reason?

Kenny

1 hour ago, kenny k said:

2016GallowayM31.jpgHi folk,here's a quick stack & process of M31 from Saturday night at Galloway.

27x3mins,taken with cannon 60da & Equinox 80mm.

Saving to jpg file seems to have turned the color tone green for some reason?

Kenny

I'm sure a fair few of us are envious Kenny, but no need to rub it in !

:blob10:

30 minutes ago, Adrian Condon said:

Hi Kenny,

Yeah..... subtracting the lush green grass has as predicted worked wonders!!!!

Well done, What are the imaging details... camera, scope and software...

Cheers

Adrian

I Can't believe i did not take grass reflection into account Adrian.???

Capture details as above in first post.

Iso was 1250

Kenny

13 hours ago, kenny k said:

Hi folks,i had another quick blast at this data tonight.

The cores blown out alot because i did'nt take any shorter exposures to add.?

KennyKenny-Galloway-2016.png

Maybe a bit less stretching, to reduce the core blowout. But a very nice image.

Archived