Newbie Collimation advice

Hiya, newbie here with my first telescope,

I received an Orion Xt10g for Christmas and have had some successful first viewings which I'm really happy about!

I just wanted to check if my collimation needs adjusting at all, looks like it is pretty close, and haven't had any problem focussing (to my eyes anyway)  just not sure if the secondary mirror needs adjusting?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

​Thanks,

Matt   

post-43375-0-49971900-1452270984_thumb.j

It's not far off. You can adjust the secondary a little but in truth you won't get any visual improvement I suspect. 

If you look at the image below, you could ideally make the yellow ring concentric with the red by moving the secondary towards the primary. IMPORTANT You'd need to be careful and ensure there's enough free thread on the central bolt though.

post-5119-0-22001400-1452271490_thumb.pn

Awesome thankyou! the secondary is little bit more centered in real life, but if its not gonna make much of a difference I will leave it for now and see how it is on the next cloud free night.
​thanks again for the help :)

It's not far off. You can adjust the secondary a little but in truth you won't get any visual improvement I suspect. 

If you look at the image below, you could ideally make the yellow ring concentric with the red by moving the secondary towards the primary. IMPORTANT You'd need to be careful and ensure there's enough free thread on the central bolt though.

attachicon.gifcoll.png

Awesome indeed! Well played, Shane.

Archived