Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Centaurus A Galaxy

Paxo

I've carried this over from a previous thread in the Deepsky imaging section. Its the completed LRGB image of Centaurus A. Thought I would place in here as it was imaged remotely - but hey, about 10 hours processing to get the final image. And, having finally worked out how to combine the L and the RGB data together in photoshop, I though I would share the results:

6305_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Whether you agree with the methods of remote imaging or not (and most appear to not), I hope you agree its a stunning object, and I'm really happy with this as it has, as I set out to achieve, honed my processing skills on un-lightpolluted data which I cannt get from home.

Please enjoy.

Steve

That's very nice Steve 8) I think 'unconvential' sums it up, but as you say, there's still a great deal of effort needed to turn raw data into a very nice picture!

I'm tempted to do something similar myself as I've not collected any data for sooooo long :cat: :cat: I'm not sure I'd remember what to do with it :shocked:

Helen

A stunning object, indeed it is Steve, and nicely processed by your goodself too.

As to remote imaging for amateur astronomers, I say "each to his own", and if you enjoy it then why not.

Its not something that excites me, as it wouldn't provide me with any sense satisfaction/achievement.

A noisy image of difficult object, billions of light years away, captured from my little back-garden obsy, under difficult UK skies, now that's a different story.

Dave

Regardless of how it was collected, its a stunning image of a glorious subject and you have clearly expended a lot of time and effort on it. I'm a bit 'on the fence' about remote data acquisition I partly disapprove as it is not 'real' hands on but being of 'scientific bent' I applaud the technology and with the weather we have here in the UK (especially recently!) I can see it is a very valid means of being involved in imaging despite the conditions!

In any event, if you are happy remote imaging, that is surely the most important thing and the result is marvellous!

Archived