SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star gazing live events near Whitney?

tich

Hi everyone hope nobody minds me posting this but does anyone know if there's a Stargazing live event near Whitney in Oxfordshire? It's just that I have some friends who live in the area & they are looking at going to an event but I'm not finding anything on the BBC website.

look up the local astronomy clubs and see what they may have planned.

Seems to have been quiet concerning the announcement of this years event.

You may find that clubs have something for the same time or the following weekend and maybe later.

http://www.astronomyclubs.co.uk/

Witney seems midway between the 2 Oxfordshire clubs, nothing it seems at Abingdon but check the Chipping Norton site.

They say one SGL event at Oxford Uni on Jan 16, and another at their club on Jan 18.

The one at CN on the 18th may be a talk only, that is all they mention.

Yes the only formal one is the on at Oxford Uni on the 16th (Saturday) Jan. CNAAG do have a talk on the 18th (I know becuase it is me speaking :-) ). There will be another much later at RAL on Friday  12th Feb, details from www.stfc.ac.uk/ral-public. Abingdon are doing nothing formal for SGL.It was announced much too late for us to set anything up. If youa re interested the next AAS meeting is on Monday 11th Jan.

Owen

Archived