SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nikon D3100 settings

mrstraighty

Once the camera lens has been removed and its mounted to a t ring, the aperture adjustment is not functional. I seem to recall searching for days last year and stumbled upon the solution but do not remember what it was. Thanks for the reply though.

Once the camera lens has been removed and its mounted to a t ring, the aperture adjustment is not functional. I seem to recall searching for days last year and stumbled upon the solution but do not remember what it was. Thanks for the reply though.

You made no mention of the camera being attached lensless via a t-ring ...  :rolleyes:

The camera will need to be set to Manual mode as opposed to one of the automatic modes.

Yeah I should've been more detailed. So I had my setup working great last year. Took my avatar photo with it. I am mounting to the scope via T ring. I then have a 2" tube that goes directly into the lens mount. Camera is in manual mode. The camera will not allow any adjustment to the aperture in any mode but, I know last year I was in manual mode. I searched and eventually found on the web that  there is a setting in the camera that tells it allow the aperture to be adjusted. Just gotta find it RRRRRR! It was a most obscure post on some weird page. Should've saved it. I do appreciate everyone's input.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that I am not remembering correctly how I had it set up last year. I will try again with it as it is. I actually got a 2 sec exposure of Betelgeuse that seemed relatively clear. The real problem is that my remote will activate the shutter and I thought that was the culprit. You have any insight on that?

Will NOT activate the shutter I mean.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that I am not remembering correctly how I had it set up last year. I will try again with it as it is. I actually got a 2 sec exposure of Betelgeuse that seemed relatively clear. The real problem is that my remote will activate the shutter and I thought that was the culprit. You have any insight on that?

w

Archived