Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Tom OD

100hr Galactic Centre Mosaic

Wow is all I can say on the lovely comments. I hope everyone can get to see this and Orion at full scale at some stage. I ll start a traveling astro circus

• Like 1

Nothing to say really, cannot think of anything better than has bee said already. :Envy:

Derek

Wonderful image, staggeringly good, I would love to see a full size print!

Sooooooo good! I think I will keep coming back to this one again and again ( just like the orion image). great stuff.  :smiley:

Brilliant, just Brilliant.  :hello2:  :hello2:  :hello2:

I think if anyone ever asks how many stars there are to photograph, I'll show them your image! :)

Socks knocked off. Quite simply don't know quite what else to say.

An amazing image Tom.

You must have soooooooooooo much patience.

D.C

I stupidly pressed calculate amout of stars twice now on PI.

I m looking for a third laptop for an experiment if anyone wants to donate one

Terriffic, reference quality image Tom. Where do I buy the poster!

Message sent offline so as not to get the Admins after me :)

T.

What part of the sky is that in then?

It's a supernova that can be seen in the Chim-Chim-Cheree nebula. If the forecast for tonight is accurate, I hope to be Poppins out to see it a bit later.

(Will that do?)

Supernovaexplodedicius maybe. There are some planetary nebulae in the pic. Too small in this version too see though.

The galactic centre. Which I renamed as Stars and Silhouettes came third in the Astrophotographer of the year last night at the royal observatory in Greenwich for the Stars and Nebulae category.  It was a good night out and again today where we got to have our own planetarium show. 

Hello to all I meet there  

Tom. 

• Like 2

Great to see it here, great to have it hanging on one of our bedroom walls. I look at it for hours, our guests look at it for hours. Lots of people appreciate this stunning image.

Olly

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Great to see it here, great to have it hanging on one of our bedroom walls. I look at it for hours, our guests look at it for hours. Lots of people appreciate this stunning image.

Olly

Don't you think it's a bit creepy sneaking into your guests room whilst they sleep to stare at this ;)
Truelly wonderful Tom. I shan't try to wax lyrical as it won't do it justice anyway.

17 minutes ago, Scott said:

Don't you think it's a bit creepy sneaking into your guests room whilst they sleep to stare at this ;)
Truelly wonderful Tom. I shan't try to wax lyrical as it won't do it justice anyway.

Hehheh, if the guest were Tom I wouldn't let him see me admiring the image. I have to keep him on his toes...

Olly

• Like 2